Armada’s Anttalainen suspended for five games
Aleksi Anttalainen of the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada has been given a five game suspension by the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
Raymond Bolduc, the league’s director of player safety, announced the news on Monday Oct. 2. The incident occurred against the Val-d’Or Foreurs on September 30, 2017.
Here are the reasons for the suspension given by the QMJHL:
- Val-d’Or’s left winger dumped the puck into the opposite corner as he entered the opponent’s zone.
- The opponent went to the corner to recuperate it.
- The player at fault pivoted and quickly headed towards him.
- At about fifteen feet from the boards, the opponent slowed down a little bit.
- The player at fault pushed the opponent to the lower back and the latter was thrown into the boards.
- The opponent was in a vulnerable position.
- The player at fault arrived quickly and pushed the opponent with force.
- This one was thrown violently against the boards on his shoulder and the side of his head.
- The move was dangerous.
- This is the first offense of the player at fault.
- The opponent was injured on the play.
The decision was taken after viewing video of the incident, considering the officials report, speaking with the organisations involved and consulting the league’s advisory committee for disciplinary action.