Huskies’ Cormier suspended three games
Lane Cormier of the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies has been suspended three games for a hit to the head.
The suspension was handed out by the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League’s Director of Player Safety Raymond Bolduc following an incident that occurred March 24, 2017 against the Halifax Mooseheads.
In a league release, this is the rationale that led to decision:
• The opponent recovered the puck behind his net and came out to the right of his goaltender in possession of the puck.
• He is slightly hooked by a pursuer and leans forward to control the puck and make a pass to a teammate at the blue line.
• While forechecking, the player at fault turned towards the opponent and hit him.
• The player at fault hit the opponent’s head with his shoulder.
• Even if the opponent had his head bent forward, the player at fault made no effort to minimize contact.
• The opponent was injured on the play.
• This is not the first offense of the player at fault.
Cormier has already served one game of his suspension and is eligible to return to the Huskies’ line-up for Game 4 on March 29, 2017 in Halifax.