CHL launches national bid application for host of 2018 Memorial Cup
The Canadian Hockey League announced on July 6 the national bid application process for the the host of the 2018 MasterCard Memorial Cup.
The 100th edition of the tournament will take place May 17-27, 2018, and will feature the host team, as well as the champions from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League and Western Hockey League.
The league also announced the application timelines:
– CHL to circulate national bid guidelines to all member clubs by July 15, 2016.
– Interested clubs to submit their intent to bid by September 1, 2016.
– Regional leagues (WHL, OHL, and QMJHL) to conduct regional bid process & submit a maximum of 2 bids to CHL by November 15, 2016.
– CHL to release shortlist by no later than November 30, 2016.
– National bid presentations to be heard by a National Site Selection Committee* by no later than January 31, 2017.
– CHL will announce the 2018 Host City the first week of February, 2017.
As for the 99th edition of the tournament, the Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League will host the event May 18-28 in Windsor, Ont.