Drakkar’s Desbiens suspended seven games
The Director of Player Safety for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Raymond Bolduc, announced Sunday that Baie-Comeau Drakkar forward Simon Desbiens has been suspended seven games.
The incident occurred on Saturday against the Sherbrooke Phoenix in Baie-Comeau, Que.
Here are the reasons for the suspension, via Quebec Major Junior Hockey League:
– The opponent headed towards the end boards to retrieve the puck. At the same time, the player at fault left the blue line, accelerated to the red goal line and hit his opponent from behind.
– When his opponent recovered the puck, he tried to dribble it. He was 3/4 facing the boards and two or three feet from them.
– His opponent was in a vulnerable position.
– The player at fault never slowed down and did not try to minimize the contact. He hit him in the back with force.
– His opponent fell and was propelled into the boards with force.
– This is not the first offense of the player at fault.
– The player Jérémy Roy was injured when his knee made contact with the boards.
The decision was made following the Director of Player Safety having reviewed the video of the incident, considered the officials report, spoken to the players and organizations involved and after consulting the Advisory Committee for disciplinary action.
– With files from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League – www.theqmjhl.ca